[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - landuse bush

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 01:20:54 UTC 2021

On Mon, 15 Feb 2021 at 03:18, Vincent van Duijnhoven via Tagging <
tagging at openstreetmap.org> wrote:

> Is it an idea to instead of introducing landuse=shrub, extend the
> natural=scrub with a new tag scrub=wild|decorative? This better describes
> the type of scrub than denotation=* or managed=*.

It's certainly not a *bad* thought, but I don't think wild & decorative are
quite the right words - although I also can't think of alternatives off the
top of the head!

There may also need to be another, middle, case for the beach area I posted
earlier - it was planted, grows more or less wildly, but is also trimmed &
weeded as necessary.

& as Bert said - thank you for starting this discussion off! Your original
idea may not have gone as well as you hoped, but as you can see from what
has gone on, it was certainly a good thing to start talking about :-)

Thanks

Graeme