[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - shop as post-partner

Robin Burek robin.burek at gmx.de
Mon Feb 15 11:55:56 UTC 2021

Am 15.02.2021 um 11:31 schrieb Martin Koppenhoefer:
> more less ;-)
> Have a look at OpenStreetMap, a project which collects data about the
> world:
> https://taginfo.geofabrik.de/europe/germany/tags/amenity=post_box#combinations
> <https://taginfo.geofabrik.de/europe/germany/tags/amenity=post_box#combinations>
> (stats for Germany)
> amenity=post_box 72152
> operator = * 56491
> operator = Deutsche Post or Deutsche Post AG 52478

And when you look at the data of the "Bundesnetzagentur" (the national
authority for monitoring, among other things, the postal sector) you
would see, that that 2016 the number of post boxes of the DPAG in
Germany were around 112.000 -> so more or less 50-65% of all are listet
in OSM [1]. By the way, the number of post_boxes of the DPAG ar
decreasing, while the number of regional providers increase. You have
areas, where local providers jumps in [2], when DPAG is moving back.
When you contribute that 5 years ago (!) there was a mount of around
120.000 bost boxes at all. So 5 years ago 6-7%. What it would look
today? I know our regional postal service provider have increased ther
post-box-network in this 5 years about 50%.

But back to the main problem -> the Bundesnetzagentur lists 2016 the
other postal service provider provides more stationary facilities than
the DPAG (here just no distinction between post office and a post
partner, in official German called "agencies"). In Berlin, Brandenburg,
Bremen, Saxony (here around 4 times more),Saxony-Anhalt there were more
facilities from others/regionals than of the DPAG.

[1] -
https://www.bundesnetzagentur.de/SharedDocs/Downloads/DE/Allgemeines/Bundesnetzagentur/Publikationen/Berichte/2017/TB_Post20162017.pdf?__blob=publicationFile&v=1
<https://www.bundesnetzagentur.de/SharedDocs/Downloads/DE/Allgemeines/Bundesnetzagentur/Publikationen/Berichte/2017/TB_Post20162017.pdf?__blob=publicationFile&v=1>
pages 72ff