[Tagging] Binding numbers

Bert -Araali- Van Opstal bert.araali.afritastic at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 02:14:08 UTC 2021

For Skyler's example:

  * addr:country <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:addr>=US
  * addr:city <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:addr>=Mountain View
  * addr:postcode <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:addr>=94043
  * addr:street <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:addr>=North
    Wishman Road
  * addr:housenumber <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:addr>=600
  * addr:unit <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:addr>=4
  * addr:housename= Building B (optional)
    <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:addr>

If in doubt about a specific data consumer it is always useful to use
addr:full and write the full multiline address:

For Kevin's exmaple:

Building K-1, Room 4A45
1 Research Circle
Niskayuna, New York 12309

  * addr:country <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:addr>=US
  * addr:city <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:addr>=New York
  * addr:postcode <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:addr>=12309
  * addr:street <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:addr>=Research
    Circle
  * addr:housenumber <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:addr>=1
  * addr:unit <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:addr>=K-1 or
    write in full Building K-1
  * addr:door= 4A45 or write in full Room 4A45
    <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:addr>

Sounds like something ?