[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - holy well

Anne-Karoline Distel annekadistel at web.de
Thu Feb 18 13:40:35 UTC 2021

It's me again, full of ideas.

I propose a tag for holy wells, one of the reasons being that my local
council wants them mapped and I've been trying to convince them to use
OSM for a while. Also, because it would entice rural mappers to get
started and because they play a role in tourism (if you count pilgrimage
as tourism).

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/holy_well

I'm especially interested in other religions' perspective, but I don't
know if this phenomenon exists outside Christianity and Paganism.

Cheers,

Anne