[Tagging] Tagging Informed Consent for Trans*/🏳️‍⚧️ healthcare in OSM?

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Tue Feb 23 16:48:09 UTC 2021

Feb 20, 2021, 21:32 by rory at technomancy.org:

> Hi all,
>
> I saw a tweet¹ with a Google Map mash-up, and I don't think one can make a map like that in OSM (right?). So, how can we tag that a medical facility follows “Informed Consent” for HRT & healthcare for trans* people?²
>
> `informed_consent=yes/no` on objects with `amenity=clinic` (or `healthcare=clinic`) seems obvious.

As I understand "informed consent" may apply to many things, and here you are interested
about informed consent in some specific subsection of where it may apply.

( based on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Informed_consent as I am unfamiliar with the topic)

>  But it could be misleading. In theory, all medical facilities follow informed consent for treating their patients. Except many don't for trans* people, a double standard.³ So what's a good tag? (I searched and I can't find anything now, or did I miss something?)

I am not convinced that it is taggable in the first place. Based on my very limited (so far)
experience with healthcare I think that this kind of info will

(1) vary widely depending on a nurse/doctor/etc, or subclinic etc.

So there may be some individual problematic individuals, more or less
numerous, more or less pretending to not be problematic.

Especially if it is case of "In theory, all medical facilities follow XYZ".

I am not familiar with this specific problem, but one of family members
had an encounter with doctor that really should not be a doctor.

They had no idea whatever it was representative case,
extreme outlier, it was not even entirely clear whatever
they were a doctor working there or from other nearby hospital.

(I am kind of hoping that it was some idiot pretending to be a doctor)

Is it justifying to tag facility where this happened with
staff_publicly_mocks_dying_people=yes
?

(2) and there is a second part:
How would you even verify such tag? It is very hard to verify and keep up to date.

For example is it taggable that hospital XYZ is not following all disinfection rules?

Is it taggable that some doctors are not washing hands?

Is it taggable that doctors are rude/racist/helpful/experienced?

Is it taggable that school is failing to prevent bullying?

Is it taggable that factory is failing in mandatory safety requirements?

Is restaurant serving a fresh food? Is it tasty?

I think that all of that including
"medical facility follows “Informed Consent” for HRT & healthcare for trans* people?"
may fall under
"extremely hard to survey, unverifiable by other mappers, basically form of  a review".
And therefore not taggable.

For example: how we would handle case where there is disagreement how given
place should be tagged?