[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - shrubbery

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 10:53:28 UTC 2021

sent from a phone

> On 25 Feb 2021, at 10:59, Marc_marc <marc_marc at mailo.com> wrote:
>
> can someone please summarize the 10th discussion page ?

I agree this discussion has gotten a little bit out of hand. I see it like this: natural=scrub already covers areas with shrubs and maybe a few trees, what could be useful and is not currently possible to deduct is whether you can more or less „easily“ walk through such an area, or whether it is practically impossible without cutting your way through.
Not sure a subtag or a new main tag is more suitable. There could be room for a new main tag of shrubs which permit to pass in between.

Landuse does not seem suitable, as the area could likely occur within another landuse like residential or industrial. Leisure also seems odd for bushes and shrubs. IMHO this is a perfect example for “landcover”

Maybe we need something explicit for bramble?

For decorative shrubs my suggestion would be to map them individually, like we do for single trees.

Cheers Martin