[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - shrubbery

Marc_marc marc_marc at mailo.com
Thu Feb 25 09:57:00 UTC 2021

Hello,

can someone please summarize the 10th discussion page ?

I was under the impression it is about :
a shrub -> a area with many shrubs (like natural=tree <> natural=wood)
planted naturally (good luck for verifiability) <> by man.
maintained by man (it's not already the tag managed=yes/no/...)
goal : decorative, barrier, or multiple (decoration of a traffic control
island)
but I still haven't understood why a primary key should include several
criteria in a single tag.
I also find it hard to believe that an average contributor will read so
much, so in the end the real meaning in the database will never be the
same as a complicated description adjusted to the smallest word.

especially if a tag includes 3 criteria each having 2 possible choices,
it would therefore be necessary to invent 2x2x2 8 different tags to
express all the nuances. Instead of a main tag for the main feature
(e.g. "area with shrubs"), the existing key managed and so.
an ideal tag should be resistant to use and not be based on an
unintuitive definition.

Le 25.02.21 à 10:22, Joseph Eisenberg a écrit :
> my prior suggestion of landuse=shrubs

look like a a replay of the landuse=forest mess.
the landcover isn't a use of a land

Regards,
Marc