[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - shrubbery

Vincent van Duijnhoven vvanduijnhoven at outlook.com
Thu Feb 25 18:23:46 UTC 2021

Well, consistency keeps things predictable and in line with the other values. We have alternatives.

I see landcover as a more overarching tag. When you as a mapper can't decide between for example natural=scrub or naturashrubs|shrubbery (because you don't know if it is wild or more managed for example) then you should use a tag like landcover=shrubs. Non-scrubland areas, currently tagged as natural=scrub should be tagged with a proper, descriptive tag like natural=shrubs|shrubbery