[Tagging] RFC historic=tomb and tomb=* tags, WAS Re: RFC: tomb key

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 15:29:53 UTC 2021

sent from a phone

> On 26 Feb 2021, at 16:12, Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just googled for your proposal to check if you had mentioned
> inscription=*.  Instead of your proposal I found
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:historic%3Dtomb
>
> Looks like the horse has already bolted

yeah, the current procedure is just pro forma, as I’d rather like the proposal to be approved than abandoned :)
The tag is already in use, the proposal is from 2011...

Thanks for your clarification of terms. So a tumulus would contain several burial chambers but they could not be called graves.

 Could a sepulchre be seen a subclass of tomb or vice versa?

Cheers Martin