[Tagging] Proposed feature - Voting - electricity

Colin Smale colin.smale at xs4all.nl
Fri Jan 1 12:34:38 UTC 2021

On 2021-01-01 12:33, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:

> sent from a phone
>
>> On 1. Jan 2021, at 08:37, Joseph Eisenberg <joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> When I lived in Sentani, in Indonesia, the power would go out for a couple hours, every other day, at random times, but it was available for at least 20 hours a day. Is that electricity=intermittent or electricity=yes?
>
> intermittent
> From the perspective of an industrial country, what about having no electricity for some minutes, 2-3 times a year. Is this intermittent or yes?

What objective criteria could be used here? Or are we going to take a
poll of the opinions of a few users and go with the majority of the
self-selecting participants like we usually do?

We could use MTBF/MTTR for example, or availability as a percentage. Of
course it would be a guess, but at least the discussions would be about
facts (how many outages were there last year? how long did they last?)
and not about semantics of words like "intermittent".