[Tagging] Proposed feature - Voting - electricity

Lukas Richert lrichert at posteo.de
Fri Jan 1 13:17:50 UTC 2021

I would say common sense dictates that not having electricity for some
minutes 2-3 times a year does not represent a significant probability
that electricity will be unavailable.

As mentioned in the paper https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tej.2020.106828
<https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tej.2020.106828>, it seems that there is no
clear definition of what constitutes reliable electricity access. The
definition proposed in the linked paper: an electricity source is
reliable if "a maximum threshold of 12 outages in a typical year for
SAIFI and 12 hours of power outage per year" is not exceeded. This seems
reasonable and could be included to define what "significant" means in
this case.

Further, it might be interesting to allow tagging of reliability in a
tier system (i.e. intermittent=*?) as described by
https://www.worldbank.org/content/dam/Worldbank/Topics/Energy%20and%20Extract/Beyond_Connections_Energy_Access_Redefined_Exec_ESMAP_2015.pdf
but I wouldn't include this in the current proposal.

- Lukas