[Tagging] Tagging a specialized COVID-19 testing locations?

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 23:03:13 UTC 2021

So far there are 11 uses of healthcare=testing_site -
https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/healthcare=testing_site

9 uses of healthcare=test -
https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/search?q=healthcare%3Dtest

4 uses of healthcare:covid19=covid_test -
https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/healthcare%3Acovid19=covid_test

There are also more specific types of testing like phlebotomy (blood draws)
but this hasn't been used yet.

Perhaps we could have healthcare:testing=* with covid19_pcr,
covid19_antigen and covid19_antibody as three of the options, to add to any
feature which offers the tests?

The FDA says that the PCR tests are types of "molecular" tests, but that's
not what I usually hear them called, "PCR" seems the most common term. But
the antigen or "rapid" tests and antibody tests are well known terms:
https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consumer-updates/coronavirus-disease-2019-testing-basics

-- Joseph Eisenberg