[Tagging] Highway=rest_area on bicycle or foot routes ?

Volker Schmidt voschix at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 23:27:47 UTC 2021

Maybe this was not clear in my question: these mini-rest-areas are all on
foot-cycle or cycle-only paths, not on roads open to motorized traffic.
They have no (toilet) services and mostly no tables. I suspect that
somewhere in the thicket of laws here in Italy there is one that says "on
every x km of new foot-cycle paths or cyclepaths there has to be a rest
area of at least x square meters with at least one bench, one rubbish bin,
a bicycle rack and an (empty) information board. I'm sure the law does not
say they have to be in nice places, because most are not. Also most of them
are tiny, noy much more than beach-towel size.