Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 00:05:46 UTC 2021

sent from a phone

> On 2 Jan 2021, at 14:49, Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging <tagging at openstreetmap.org> wrote:
>
> In my opinion clearly not, and allowing to map such objects
> would be ridiculous.
>
> To be more specific, I am living in city where
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/File:Daewoo-FSO_Polonez_Atu_Plus_on_Zygmunta_Krasi%C5%84skiego_avenue_in_Krak%C3%B3w_(1).jpg
> photo was taken, visited this place hundreds of times,
> it is a well known location and I was never aware
> that this place had railway.

this is an exceptional situation IMHO, as it is inside a big city. Outside of settlements it is much more likely to find remains of former railways than it is in cities.

The question is whether we are willing to accept some railway=razed to fill the gaps to have former railway routes complete, where otherwise there are some observable traces.

Cheers Martin