[Tagging] Grouping buildings together using relations

Shawn K. Quinn skquinn at rushpost.com
Tue Jan 5 02:14:10 UTC 2021

On 1/4/21 18:12, Eric H. Christensen via Tagging wrote:
> After reviewing the wiki page[0] regarding the types of relations, I'm not seeing a solution for what I'm trying to do.
>
> In an effort to make it easier to maintain several libraries that are all in the same system and share much of the same information (like opening_hours), I want to group these together in a relation so when these commonalities change it makes it much easier update and keeps the entire library system up to date.
>
> Is there an appropriate way to do this in a relation, today?

There is no guarantee that opening_hours will always be the same across
all branches of a library system. In particular, the libraries around me
(Houston and Harris County) tended to have different nights they stayed
open late and some were even closed on odd days of the week (Monday,
Tuesday, or Wednesday); this is of course pre-pandemic as they are all
closed to the public and doing only curbside service at the moment. Even
if they all have the same opening_hours today there's no guarantee they
will stay that way.

I would just tag each one individually and update en masse when called for.

http://www.rantroulette.com
http://www.skqrecordquest.com