[Tagging] Grouping buildings together using relations

Volker Schmidt voschix at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 16:24:57 UTC 2021

If this is one library distributed over several buildings then the site
relation is a good tool to tag it in OSM and for data users to use the
information.
This is a small example. The big ones are the typical European non-campus
universities. The local university in Padova is distributed over some 50
buildings in the city, each housing often bits of several different
sections/institutes/departments. This is in my view a candidate for a site
(but it is not tagged as such at present with the effect that for an OSM
data user there are 44 "universities" in town)