[Tagging] Cartpath RFC

Minh Nguyen minh at nguyen.cincinnati.oh.us
Tue Jan 5 07:59:05 UTC 2021

Vào lúc 05:19 2020-12-26, Jez Nicholson đã viết:
> Personally, I need a really strong proposal to convince me to vote for a
> new top-level highway tag. I would want something that describes the
> unique characteristics of the road rather than it being specifically for
> golf carts.
>
> For a sub-tag below highway=service I need a less-strong argument.

In my experience, there's a lot of variation in how golf cart paths,
cycleways, sidewalks, and driveways are each constructed, and a lot of
overlap among the four, yet we have a distinct highway=* value for all
but one of them.

Anyways, I'd think of a golf cart path as essentially a miniature road
for miniature vehicles, as railway=miniature is to railway=rail or
leisure=miniature_golf is to leisure=golf_course. I think there was some
wisdom in separating those keys on the basis of their scale and how
they're used.

minh at nguyen.cincinnati.oh.us