[Tagging] converted_by : discardable ?

Volker Schmidt voschix at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 15:58:10 UTC 2021

In the case of your example this indicates that the geometry is from a GPX
trace. This indicates the source of the geometry. Could be that the
TrackToOSM utility inserts this tag automatically(?).
That remark is valid until someone changes the geometry afterwards.
So I would remove it when I change the geometry later. I would then quote
my source, say my own GPX track, or satellite imaging like Bing in the
changeset source information.