[Tagging] Changing proposal process rules - RFC

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 00:36:24 UTC 2021

sent from a phone

> On 6 Jan 2021, at 01:20, Lukas Richert <lrichert at posteo.de> wrote:
>
> The tagging list here seems to be dominated by ca. 10-20 ppl that weigh in on every topic, while the thousands of regular mappers aren't represented at all.

from interacting with people in osm over many years I believe that most mappers are not interested in discussing the development of tagging, they rather want to know the “right” tag for what they want to map, wherever it comes from ;-) (probably mostly editor presets anyway, i.e. the tags are typically determined by a single word in some language that was translated from another single word in English).

Cheers Martin