[Tagging] >74% was: Feature Proposal - Voting - Rescue Stations

Brian M. Sperlongano zelonewolf at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 00:44:06 UTC 2021

On Tue, Jan 5, 2021 at 7:24 PM Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>
wrote:

> realistically, existing tagging cannot be changed by a vote.

Yes, if we are being pedantic, the only thing that a proposal "changes" is
what's on the wiki.  However, what's on the wiki does carry weight amongst
mappers, tool authors, and data consumers.  If it didn't, we wouldn't be
here debating what we document on that wiki.

I find it fascinating when people say "what's on the wiki doesn't matter"
while also loudly objecting to a proposal to change what goes on the wiki!