[Tagging] Changing proposal process rules - RFC

Tomas Straupis tomasstraupis at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 08:45:07 UTC 2021

2021-01-06, tr, 02:20 Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging rašė:
> In my opinion we have no trouble with newbies ruining proposal process
> and I see no reason for adding obstacles and verification process and to make
> processing vote even more complicated.

  We have HUGE problems with not necessarily newbies, but people who
have no clue in Cartography, GIS or IT, and still are making high
impact decisions and even worse - telling newbies how they should do
this or that.
  Experience is something you cannot read in a book. You cannot
explain it in a sentence or paragraph. You must well... EXPERIENCE it
:-)

  If voting requirements are too loose, voting will have no
credibility as it is now: why should anyone listen to decision made by
some random few people who do not understand what they are deciding?

  If not enough people vote, then there is a reason why. Keeping the
low limit is not a solution.

> I am certainly not going to include such changes in this proposal and
> will not make such proposal.

  Then wiki will remain what it is now - a collection of random
amateurish thoughts which have absolutely no value or authority.
  And it will also mean that there will be higher probability of other
"wikis" to appear.

--
Tomas