[Tagging] Grouping buildings together using relations

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at gmx.at
Fri Jan 8 15:34:19 UTC 2021

On Fri, 8 Jan 2021 16:19:50 +0100
Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:

> no doubt there is often a strong connection, but this doesn’t make the collective a “site”, rather on the contrary people will refer to different sites (you also did it in your reply).

I thought thrice about quoting this term in my reply but they really
aren't "sites" in this case - because you cannot easily draw a clear
border between the respective buildings to define them. Sometimes there
is just a wall between two buildings, sometimes it is a street or yard,
sometimes a block and in a few cases a district :)

> it’s not a general solution for all kinds of similar structures, but it would solve the problem for the university field

What was the problem again?