[Tagging] Grouping buildings together using relations

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 15:19:50 UTC 2021

sent from a phone

> On 7 Jan 2021, at 14:58, Stefan Tauner <stefan.tauner at gmx.at> wrote:
>
> The individual sites - while being spatially distributed - are more
> often than not strongly connected logistically, administratively, and
> academically where staff and students change from one site to another
> for different lectures for example.

no doubt there is often a strong connection, but this doesn’t make the collective a “site”, rather on the contrary people will refer to different sites (you also did it in your reply).

As to how to do it, I am not sure. There are different tag options, which all may have their problems, e.g.
- operator (use for university name is competing with the subentity like institute, department, faculty, etc. according to the uni structure)

- network (it’s not really a network, and other usage for network with universities might exist?)

- brand (it’s not really a brand, although it might somehow work)

there could be an explicit tag like university=<coordinated name of the university>

it’s not a general solution for all kinds of similar structures, but it would solve the problem for the university field

Cheers Martin