[Tagging] Grouping buildings together using relations

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at gmx.at
Sat Jan 9 17:03:30 UTC 2021

On Sat, 9 Jan 2021 17:35:26 +0100
Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:

> A site is something at the same place, more or less. It is not something
> the parts of which are located in 5 different places, that would be 5
> sites. Spatial proximity is implied in a site relation. Universities with
> different locations (typical situation in Europe at least), are operating
> different "sites", not the same site which is distributed. That's not a
> "site".

I love how you maintain to be completely vague in that paragraph
allowing for my example to be perfectly covered by it. "same place more
or less"=same town works for me. ;)

NB: if the site relation would only be used for arrangements that are
packed together it would be completely unnecessary since then one could
use a polygon to mark the area for most uses that I have seen in the
past (hotels, unis, schools).