[Tagging] Medical imaging facility

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 01:32:37 UTC 2021

In the USA there are many private medical imaging facilities where you can
get x-rays, ultrasound, CT scan, MRI etc, with a doctor's order.

I'm surprised we don't have a tag for this.

There are a number of specialty imaging centers in my city, and I send
patients there when I want them to get outpatient imaging done: e.g.
https://www.mycdi.com/locations/portland/ - and there are many more which
are inside of a larger clinic or hospital.

Tags in use include healthcare=radiology - though this is a bit ambiguous -
perhaps amenity=medical_imaging or healthcare=medical_imaging is clearer?
https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/healthcare=radiology

-- Joseph Eisenberg