[Tagging] Medical imaging facility

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Sun Jan 10 08:53:00 UTC 2021

Jan 10, 2021, 05:36 by graemefitz1 at gmail.com:

> On Sun, 10 Jan 2021 at 12:04, Minh Nguyen via Tagging <> tagging at openstreetmap.org> > wrote:
>

>> > Tags in use include healthcare=radiology - though this is a bit
>>  > ambiguous - perhaps amenity=medical_imaging or
>>  > healthcare=medical_imaging is clearer?
>>
>>  Something with "medical imaging" in it sounds reasonable.
>>

> Yes, I'd go for healthcare=medical_imaging sub-tagged imaging=xray / CT / MRI / nuclear etc

+1 I like this tagging. It is much more clear than technical term "radiology".

> PS to Mateusz
>
> I'm surprised at that one - every dentist I've ever been to did their own x-rays!

May be related to how often x-rays are used by dentists in Poland (maybe it is used far
less often making "each dentists owns x-ray" pointless),
and higher machine cost to income ratio (cost of machine is likely the same, income lower).
Or maybe regulatory capture and you need extra-super-special permission to
operate one.

May be also a local oddity for whatever reason.