[Tagging] landuse=depot?

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 09:29:47 UTC 2021

On Sun, 10 Jan 2021 at 22:55, Graeme Fitzpatrick <graemefitz1 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> ATM, there are lots of places around the world where commercial aircraft
> are sitting unused, but mothballed
> eg
> https://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/83eefe0f513237ffe4c4d34b704b98cf?width=1280
>
> They are not being scrapped for spare parts so it's not an industrial
> area, they certainly aren't generating any revenue for the airlines that
> own them, so they're not commercial, so what do you call the area?

In reality they are dumps.  But we're supposed to recycle rather than
dump stuff, so we pretend there is a possibility they will be put back
into service.

I'd say, given the pretense they operate under, that they're depots, but
some
object to landuse=depot.  So landuse=cemetery + religion=aviation. :)

--
Paul