[Tagging] healthcare=sample_collection

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Mon Jan 11 13:17:51 UTC 2021

Jan 11, 2021, 13:37 by voschix at gmail.com:

> What are these places like?
> Do they only collect samples that you "produce" yourself (stool, urine) or are these places where a nurse takes your blood samples?

Typically both, for some samples you bring what you prepared by yourself, some
(for example blood) have typically a medical worker taking it.

> Are they named or are these a kind of refrigerated letter boxes.

Branded, typically room or rooms with space for

(1) place where you give confirmation that
testing is paid for (refunded by government/insurance) or you pay for it
(2) some area for waiting
(3) sample taking location
https://www.internus.pl/centralny-punkt-pobran/ has some photos.

Though I guess that letter boxes exist or will exist.

> Sorry if these questions appear silly, but I don't know what you are describing. I am used to biological sample collection being an accessory service within other types of healthcare places: hospitals, clinics, ERs, medical centres, doctors', ecc

Most of sample taking probably happens in such places, but there are
also separate places dedicated to solely that.

Plus, some Covid-specific sample-taking locations appeared.