[Tagging] Classifying hospitals (Was: Deprecate healthcare=centre)

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at gmx.at
Tue Jan 12 07:38:23 UTC 2021

On Tue, 12 Jan 2021 12:51:10 +1000
Graeme Fitzpatrick <graemefitz1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> However, if you're in a strange town, have a medical problem, & open up the
> map on your phone, it will show you that there's a "hospital" "Here". It
> would be good to be able to specify that that place you're seeing on the
> map, is actually able to assist you, rather than driving up to it to find a
> mental facility.

There should absolutely be a tag for that - and IMHO there is:
healthcare:speciality (=psychiatry, there is also child_psychiatry,
neuropsychiatry). They are not documented/approved for clinics or
hospitals though, and the healthcare=counselling and psychotherapist
tags do not fit the healthcare scheme very well at all (or my abstract
reality does not fit the healthcare scheme if you prefer ;)

However, this is still not the subject of this thread but to restate it:
I am absolutely in favor of classifying hospitals that have a certain
focus.