[Tagging] Classifying hospitals (Was: Deprecate healthcare=centre)

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 02:51:10 UTC 2021

On Mon, 11 Jan 2021 at 20:51, Stefan Tauner <stefan.tauner at gmx.at> wrote:

> The subject of the discussion is how we can better cover the overlaps/
> gaps between healthcare=doctor, clinic and hospital.

Thanks!

nobody wants to propose heathcare=private_clinic,
> healthcare:speciality=very_expensive_eye_surgery_only_covered_by_healthcorp
> etc.

I probably shouldn't have used the term Private, but I didn't intend it to
refer to Private Health Insurance, I really meant Private as they are not
usually open to the general public.

If you have the liberty to query OSM and decide where you want to seek
> medical assistance then it is not a medical emergency in my book.

However, if you're in a strange town, have a medical problem, & open up the
map on your phone, it will show you that there's a "hospital" "Here". It
would be good to be able to specify that that place you're seeing on the
map, is actually able to assist you, rather than driving up to it to find a
mental facility.

Thanks

Graeme