[Tagging] healthcare=sample_collection

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 22:09:19 UTC 2021

On Thu, 14 Jan 2021 at 21:38, Joseph Eisenberg <joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com>
wrote:

> So this could be added as a property with:
>
> blood_sample_collection=yes/no
>
> Or sample_collection=blood;urine;feces;etc.
>
> Does that sound ok in International / British English?

Neither seems right for blood.

For urine, sure.  i've been handed or mailed sample bottles for urine
to return to the GP reception or local hospital (when we still had one).
So those places collect samples, although they don't come out and
get them, so even "collection" is a bit of a misnomer.  They receive
samples.

For faeces, not so much.  I've had sample scrapers mailed to
me for return by post (check for blood in stool as a sign of
colon cancer).  Never been told to poop in a pot and hand it
in at the GP.  So not sure about those places collecting or
receiving samples.

For blood, nope.  I've never been given a bottle to fill with my
blood at home, by myself.  Those samples aren't collected,
or received when I hand them over, they're taken.

Given all the other medical terminology in healthcare, phlebotomy
seems fine.  I know where to go when they want to draw some
phleb.

--
Paul