[Tagging] Deprecate healthcare=centre

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 22:43:21 UTC 2021

Yes, I responded to your example. You said it was 2 different features in 1
building:

1) An imaging center, with MRI, CT, Ultrasound, X-rays - this would be
healthcare=medical_imaging (a rare tag but needed)

2) Was a "Poliambulatorio (cardiologia, dermatologia, gastroenterologia,
medicina estetica, ortopedia, otorinolaringoiatria ecc.), check up, day
hospital (no overnight beds)"

It sounds like you thought that could be amenity=clinic. And
"poliambulatorio" is translated as "Outpatient clinic" online, so that
makes sense to me.

Is that not correct?

-- Joseph Eisenberg

On Thu, Jan 14, 2021 at 2:05 PM Volker Schmidt <voschix at gmail.com> wrote:

> In fact I did describe an example, but I notice now that it went into a
different thread " Tag discussion, strategy and related tools" <
tagging at openstreetmap.org>" with the subject "[Tagging] tag for wards was:
Deprecate healthcare=centre" at 19:19 (3 hours ago). Please have a look.

> Volker
>
> On Thu, 14 Jan 2021 at 22:51, Joseph Eisenberg <joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com>
wrote:

>> Can you please provide an example of one of these buildings so we can
talk about a particular situation?

>> In particular, I would like an example where amenity=clinic would not be
appropriate, and where it would not work to have the building=* with a
name=* plus separate nodes for each office or clinic tagged as an
amenity=doctors, amenty=clinic, amenty=pharmacy or healthcare=laboratory?