[Tagging] Discussion & possible deprecation of various Lifeguard tags

Andrew Harvey andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 02:12:06 UTC 2021

On Fri, 15 Jan 2021 at 11:07, Graeme Fitzpatrick <graemefitz1 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> But with opening_hours= being listed under the lifeguard tag only, not the
> beach tag itself, would there be any confusion?

You could, I'd still also tag it on the beach otherwise you need a way to
link the lifeguard service to specific beaches (eg as a data consumer if I
want to show which beaches are patrolled now).

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:natural=beach#How_to_map recommends
to use supervised for beaches with a lifeguard service, so before we change
anything it would be good to hear if anyone is actually using supervised on
beaches to mean something else apart from patrolled by lifeguards.