[Tagging] Discussion & possible deprecation of various Lifeguard tags

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 03:46:21 UTC 2021

You want to use overpass-turbo for this sort of search, using the "count"
feature:

https://overpass-turbo.eu/s/12p9 - will take you to:

[out:csv(::count)][timeout:25];
(
  nwr["natural"="beach"]["supervised"="yes"];
);
out count;

The count finds 461 nodes, ways and relations with natural=beach +
supervised=yes

If you want to see them all, change back to json:
https://overpass-turbo.eu/s/12pa (warning, 2 mb of data)
- This shows there are 445 areas and 15 nodes

And 89 of those have opening_hours=* too, compared to 420 total
natural=beach features with opening_hours.

Not a very large number compared to the 137k natural=beach features and 8k
leisure=beach_resort

-- Joseph Eisenberg