[Tagging] noaddress=yes and (possibly) implicit buildings

Mark Wagner mark+osm at carnildo.com
Sat Jan 16 09:00:40 UTC 2021

On Sat, 16 Jan 2021 16:06:46 +1000
Graeme Fitzpatrick <graemefitz1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 16 Jan 2021 at 15:06, Matija Nalis <
> mnalis-openstreetmaplist at voyager.hr> wrote:
>

> > Correct; I mean no housenumber and no street name and no settlement
> > name and no postcode.
> >

> How do things come to the property then?

Sometimes, they don't.  For example, in extremely rural parts of the
United States, the mail isn't delivered; instead, you need to go to the
post office to pick it up.

Even in less-rural parts, there are places that don't have addresses.
For example, in Spokane County, something is only required to have an
address if it's considered "addressable property" (roughly, a habitable
structure). If I want to send something to the water tank out by
Palisades Park, I need to identify it in some way other than an address.

--
Mark