[Tagging] noaddress=yes and (possibly) implicit buildings

Volker Schmidt voschix at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 10:20:09 UTC 2021

If I understand this correctly, there is an urgent need to do something in
a specific context.

A general noaddress=yes would need a lot of considerations, as addressing
schemes vary, and the interpretation of what is an address varies, and also
which places are expected to have an address (in the proposal mail above,
there is a reference to buildings where no-one lives as having no address,
for example).

I think the best solution would be an ad-hoc tag, with a precise
definition, but that is limited to the after-earthquake emergency in
Croatia. The tagging should be chosen to make that point clear.
If that tag then later turns out to be more generally useful, it can be
"exported".

Other consideration: maybe HOT has already developed an approach that can
be copied.