[Tagging] noaddress=yes and (possibly) implicit buildings

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at gmx.at
Sun Jan 17 08:04:33 UTC 2021

On Sun, 17 Jan 2021 05:10:06 +0100
Matija Nalis <mnalis-openstreetmaplist at voyager.hr> wrote:

> When/if the purpose of the building becomes known later, and it is one that
> has implied noaddress=yes, then we intend to remove redundant "noaddress=yes"
> when changing "building=yes" to (for example) "building=garage".

One (not too important IMHO) issue is that you already have many of
these building types already in the database. Some of which actually
have an address (for whatever reason - postal services are very
"interesting", cf. thread on "Street and Sub-Street in Address
Tagging"), although we imply they don't "require" an address/have
noaddress=yes assumed.
I don't think this is a big concern though and support your idea
because we lack better alternatives for this kind of information at
the moment.