[Tagging] noaddress=yes and (possibly) implicit buildings

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 10:43:46 UTC 2021

sent from a phone

> On 17 Jan 2021, at 05:12, Matija Nalis <mnalis-openstreetmaplist at voyager.hr> wrote:
> Exactly this.  We have received authoritative data for addresses from
> government branch which gives out addresses.  If they say there is no
> address for some building, than it is a known FACT, as there is no way a
> building could've gotten the address any other way.

this may be true for your area, but generally addresses do not necessarily refer to buildings. For example in Germany, many addresses refer to building parcels (actually “grounds” which could also be several cadastral parcels, and it means in this case all buildings on the site have the same address, unless you need more, e.g. you could add more levels by specifying something like “Haus 1”), and sometimes alternatively to entrances/gates (in other areas of Germany they refer indeed to buildings), while in Italy they always refer to entrances and gates (and potential entrances)

FWIW, noaddress=yes seems a good fit? It is in use and seems to state what you want for your case.

Cheers Martin