[Tagging] noaddress=yes and (possibly) implicit buildings

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at gmx.at
Sun Jan 17 16:09:13 UTC 2021

On Sun, 17 Jan 2021 10:41:24 -0500
Alan Mackie <aamackie at gmail.com> wrote:

> > 2. tag noaddress=yes on a building if it has none (cause it is a
> >     shed or whatnot)
> >
> I see 2. as being potentially problematic. In some places addresses are
> not always displayed even when they exist, and even the ones on display can
> be in poor condition or obscured by foliage temporarily.  A StreetCompleter
> would not be able to answer this question definitively. They could only say
> if they can see one or not right now.

And then what? This information does not really help, does it? Either
SC users are trusted to decide if there is an address like other
mappers or they shouldn't be asked at all.
I'd tend to not ask them unless the country is whitelisted because
other sources are not available. I think in most countries there are
more important questions to check at locations than addresses.