[Tagging] Denominations vs religions organisations

blendergeek timothy at eastlincoln.net
Sun Jan 17 20:53:30 UTC 2021

To add to the people saying that we shouldn't try to add "operator"
instead of "denomination", I would like to point out that the word
"operator" is not used in English to mean this whereas "denomination" is.

Also, many denominations are congregational in nature. A congregational
denomination functions almost like a franchised business. A "Southern
Baptist" church is in no sense "operated by" the Southern Baptist
Convention.

This change could unnecessarily anger many religious people and ignite
an (un)holy flamewar. I recommend with previous commenters that we allow
the sleeping gods to lie.

-blendergeek