[Tagging] List of obviously needed improvements to OSM Wiki

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 23:20:44 UTC 2021

On Sun, 17 Jan 2021 at 22:30, Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging <
tagging at openstreetmap.org> wrote:

> Note: this post is kind of experimental and attempt to
> expand a bit number of people editing and improving wiki.
>
> For various reasons number of people editing wiki is much
> smaller that number of people participating in tagging
> discussions, and while I am trying to be objective it
> is not a good idea to have tiny group of people writing most of
> summaries of tagging discussions and documenting de facto tags.

Thanks for starting this, Mateusz

I think part of the problem is that actually editing the wiki is *not* a
user-friendly procedure :-(

It may make sense to people who talk computer, but to the rest of us, it's
a collection of funny marks & symbols that apparently mean something! (&
which for some reason don't always have the same result?)

The other thing is that a lot of people may be scared of doing something &
so leaving themselves open to the chastisement, & sometimes abuse, that
follows when other people don't like what's been written :-(

Thanks

Graeme