[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - Military Bases

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 23:33:26 UTC 2021

On Sun, 17 Jan 2021 at 20:38, Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging <
tagging at openstreetmap.org> wrote:

> Have anyone asked them about their OSM accounts used for mapping?
>
> Via user talk page

Doesn't exist! (Although I could create it to ask them if they're real?)

or via comment on vote page?

Both cases I'm talking about, other people (not me!) asked them questions
or made a comment in reply, but no response.

If it is not recommended already we should recommend to use

> - the same username on wiki and for OSM user account (much better solution)

That's what it should be, with the same login working for both, as well as
any mailing-list you want to join.

- or create user page on wiki that mentions OSM user name and
> add link to Wiki account on their OSM user profile (to avoid someone
> just pointing at random OSM mapper)

You mean for each person, or a "membership list" that has everybody's
details on it?

Ideally the same account would work for both OSM mapping and
> for OSM WIki, but we need some workaround for now.

Maybe a campaign to ask everybody to create their Users page, including a
link to their OSM page, then after "6" months of warning, stop counting
votes made by "anonymous" users? (Which I know will go over like the
proverbial lead balloon!)

Thanks

Graeme