[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - Military Bases

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Mon Jan 18 09:30:48 UTC 2021

Jan 18, 2021, 02:27 by graemefitz1 at gmail.com:

> On Mon, 18 Jan 2021 at 10:27, Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging <> tagging at openstreetmap.org> > wrote:
>

>>> Maybe a campaign to ask everybody to create their Users page, including a link to their OSM page, then after "6" months of warning, stop counting votes made by "anonymous" users? (Which I know will go over like the proverbial lead balloon!)
>>>
>> 6 months sounds like a complete overkill, adding link on user page takes minutes -
>> and is necessary only if for some reason you have different username.
>>

> I'm trying to avoid the "you didn't tell me that this was happening" complaints! :-)

Well, that is why it gets added via a full scale proposal not via discussion on
Talk:Proposal Process

>> I have not noticed it before that such blank accounts without wiki edits
>> and no corresponding mapping user account are actually active in votes.
>>

> I noticed your comment "what happened already in one vote that was invalidated after blatant cheating was discovered". That's probably the case that I saw reference to (& now can't find again) where somebody created "a lot" of user names just to vote (No, I think?). When they were investigated by "somebody with power" :-), it was found that the name had been created at 11.21, voted at 11.22, new name at 11.23, voted at 11.24 & so on for 20 (?) users / votes :-(
>
> To be honest, I can't imagine being so offended by a tag that I'd ever go to that much trouble! :-)

It was done by supporter of tag that had 0 support from anyone else.

> On that, who has the right to say "No, that vote is apparently invalid, so it's not being counted"? Me, as the proposer, or would it have to come from much further up the ladder?

Anyone? Preferably comment during voting would be made to give time to specify their OSM account
and edit Wiki User Page and openstreetmap.org user profile page?