[Tagging] How to tag a street plaque?

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at gmx.at
Mon Jan 18 14:24:24 UTC 2021

On Mon, 18 Jan 2021 15:07:34 +0100
Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:

> Am Mo., 18. Jan. 2021 um 15:01 Uhr schrieb Stefan Tauner <
> stefan.tauner at gmx.at>:
>
> > On Mon, 18 Jan 2021 14:42:04 +0100
> > Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > as the aim is likely to put them on every street named after a person,
> > these aren’t more memorials than the streetnames themselves, are they?
> >
> > Is a memorial that is viewed as an everyday object without any hint on
> > its deeper meaning really a memorial?
> >

> for me clearly not, in case it wasn't clear, I would not tag these with
> historic=memorial.

You seem to completely miss my point and thus your first sentence
makes my point. :) Because the street name alone is not perceived
sufficient by authorities, the plagues telling the story/background are
installed to facilitate remembrance. Doing so clearly tells us that the
street name themselves are less of a memorial than the street with the
sign.