[Tagging] objects mixing linear and area (for ex fence and landuse)

Marc_marc marc_marc at mailo.com
Mon Jan 18 16:44:45 UTC 2021

Le 18.01.21 à 16:52, Kevin Kenny a écrit :
> One thing that works wihtout wreaking any violence upon the data model
> is to break the fence into two or more pieces and tag each piece with
> `barrier=fence`. Then create a multipolygon with the lines as outer ways
> and hang the description of the area off of that

this is one of the solutions I wrote in the first post :)
the question is more : is it desirable to create 2 problem to solve this one
1= an MP with only one polygon is not really a multipolygon.
I have no opinion on this point.
2) 2 objects with the same geometry are difficult to manage for many
contributors.
so maybe it's overkill especially since no one has expressed any
objection to removing depreciation for fenced=yes when it is a feature
of an area (that area has a barrier around it) and keeping barrier=fence
when you want to inform the barrier itself