[Tagging] RFC: remove alphanumeric code visible in infoboxes at OSM Wiki linking to Wikidata

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 20:58:39 UTC 2021

Am Di., 19. Jan. 2021 um 21:30 Uhr schrieb Joseph Eisenberg <
joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com>:

> If it is deemed necessary to vote on this, I believe we should use a 50%
> margin to add or remove the feature from the wiki, since this is a binary
> choice.

isn't every tagging voting a binary choice? vote yes or no?

Anyway, I agree that this has nothing to do with the proposal process for
tags, if we can't commonly agree on a solution, an absolute majority vote
seems sufficient for removing it. As it is, I also see more damage from
being it there (linking to misleading wikidata items) then not, but it must
not necessarily be like this.

Cheers,
Martin