[Tagging] RFC: remove alphanumeric code visible in infoboxes at OSM Wiki linking to Wikidata

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Tue Jan 19 20:50:39 UTC 2021

Jan 19, 2021, 21:27 by joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com:

> But I think it is unnecessary to use the proposal process for this. The link was added to the wiki without a proposal and with minimal discussion
>
> If proponents of this want to keep this link in the wiki pages I believe they have the onus to prove that it is needed and maintainable.
>
> If it is deemed necessary to vote on this, I believe we should use a 50% margin to add or remove the feature from the wiki, since this is a binary choice.

Not sure about that. Yes, it was added without discussion, but it stayed there for a long
time (though with protests) and I see point of boost for status quo.

Ideally it would be decided based on arguments and merits of keeping it or not,
but it seems to actually do something vote with very clear result is needed.