[Tagging] RFC: remove alphanumeric code visible in infoboxes at OSM Wiki linking to Wikidata

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 21:37:26 UTC 2021

sent from a phone

> On 19 Jan 2021, at 22:22, Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging <tagging at openstreetmap.org> wrote:
>
> - (3) we are anyway missing people willing to fix this invalid links in OSM Wiki

and
(4) people aren’t improving OpenStreetMap tag objects in wikidata (see highway tag object, nothing has been done for years)

the only option to get a wd link that fits perfectly and will also fit in the future, is a specific object crafted for an OpenStreetMap tag, everything else will have its own scope and logics and will at most describe a similar concept. This is also true for the “translations” (which aren’t real translations, they are alternative versions in different languages, sometimes completely different from other languages)

Cheers Martin