[Tagging] "Caution" on military pages

nathan case nathancase at outlook.com
Wed Jan 20 09:44:14 UTC 2021

> Also, I would consider tweaking it to not have red "this article is BAD" type of look.

> It reminds me about "this is a copyright violation, page will be deleted unless fixed"
type of templates from Wikipedia.

I chose the “warning” ambox (light red, rather than dark) as that is listed as being for “important concerns and notes, major issues such as {{Delete proposal}}”

So, yes, it does look like article=bad because it’s used for major page issues – but I think it is appropriate as this is also an important note.

The other options (https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Template:Ambox#type)  are:

(yellow/orange exclamation point) |type= caution, recommended operations, moderate to fairly major issues, such as {{Cleanup<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Template:Cleanup>}}
(blue information “i”) |type= notice, general notices and minor issues such as {{Stub<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Template:Stub>}}

I think it probably warrants more than the blue “i” – so perhaps the orange exclamation?