[Tagging] Proposed Feature - Voting - Electricity

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Wed Jan 20 22:45:46 UTC 2021

If there is an approved proposal that introduces tag
electricity=yes with definition
"There is electricity available, either continuously or on a set schedule, see  schedule <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/electricity#Schedule>."
and no explicit restriction limiting its use, then people sooner or later
will use it on nearly every single building in say Paris or Kraków despite that it provides
basically no info

natural=tree was intended for lone or significant trees, now in some places
every single tree was mapped (sometimes imported)
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Tag:natural%3Dtree&oldid=14739
https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=19/48.20506/16.37955
https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=19/50.05844/19.93455

link for potentially confused: